Sabah Association for Voluntary Effort (SAVE) was set up as a non-profit voluntary welfare organization on the 10th January 2001 in conjunction with the declaration by United Nations in 2001 as ‘International Year of Volunteers’. Its main aims are to enhance Recognition, Facilitation, Networking and Promotion of voluntary service.
SAVE was formed to supplement the efforts of the Sabah Council of Social Services (MPMS) to source, consolidate and train volunteers to work in various charities/ welfare organizations registered in Sabah.
To promote excellence in voluntary service and voluntary professionalism in international, national and local programme of humanitarian assistance, technical cooperation and promotion of human rights, democratization and peace.
In line with the Dasar Sosial Negara (National Social Policy) and Dasar Kebajikan Masyarakat Negara (National Social Welfare Policy), Sabah Association for Voluntary Effort (SAVE) strives to enhance:
- Recognition of Volunteer Service
- Facilitation of Volunteer Service
- Networking of Volunteer Service
- Promotion of Volunteer Service
Aims and Objectives:
To promote a spirit of volunteer service among people residing in Sabah and to provide opportunities for them to work as volunteers with welfare organizations and communities in Sabah. In amplification but not in derogation of the foregoing, such objectives are to be achieved by:
- The compilation of a database of people, institutions or corporations who are prepared to provide volunteer services
- The compilation of a database of organizations and communities requiring the services of volunteers
- Providing suitable volunteers to meet the requirements of organizations and communities requiring their services
- The formulation and putting into effect the training of volunteers